Thursday, March 5, 2015

Holi and Dol in Kharagpur 2015

Holi is festive of color, which celebrated by every community people in town. Bengoli were celebrating dol which was happen one day before holi and non-Bengali were celebrating holi. As in kharagpur people from all community lived together so both holi played here .Dol mainly played in malancha,Inda and kharida and subhaspally area on 05 March 2015.In the evening of same date non Bengali people organised holka dahan ,which was symbol of victory of truth .

 Holika in kharagpur
 Chachor buring in Inda kharagpur before Dol
 Holka organised by Shaymdarbar in Kharagpur

 Holika dahan in Fatakbazaar ,kharida kharagpur
 Holika dahan prepare in kharagpur
 Holika dahan in kharagpur
 Holika dahan in kharagpur

On next day holi played in all parts of town. In my schooling time I was mainly enjoy this festival, after that as I grew up I was busy with my work so not getting much time to enjoy. Till class seven I was enjoy a lot in every holi but from class eight onward most of the examination were held in this time so not able to enjoy this festival a lot. On class eleven I was first time celebrate this festival with my school friends and that year holi was remembered till now.



Holi in my family in  Kharagpur

Holi organised by marwari yovak sangha under sham darbar flagship in malancha road Kharagpur
Holi in Kharagpur

The most interesting memory of this festival was my first love. I was in class nine when met with her; she also had from same class. I was played Holi with my locality friends and on that time someone called me. When I turned back I saw she stand with color in her hand and wish me happy Holi. I knew her because she was from same class and same school and she lived in same locality but never expect her in Holi.
Colour shop in gole bazaar
Colour shop in gole bazaar
Everyone has their love story but as because by love story start with Holi so every Holi I had remember all those past incidence.

The most interesting part of holi was definitely color but different delicious food which prepare in this festival has equally important.
Festive colour from kharagpur
Delicious food made during holi
Powder color sold in kharagpur
Different people has different likes but I like Dahibara, gulab gamun,malpua, kheer, kachori, bundi rayta and many more.

Now with change in time the way of celebration changed. Few years back when I was in school at holka night some local slang words write at the midst of locality. People collect wood and cow dung made items for holka dahan from every home in locality
Kharagpur  holi

On next day children start playing holi from morning but elders started after 10 A.M. In the midst of locality people gathered with musical instruments and start singing holi songs and folk poetries. This celebration style was lost with time now there was no musical gathering .Mainly this cultural was available from kumar para to bhagwanpur area in Kharagpur. In gatarpara there was a big banyan tree attach with a siv temple where people gathering for this musical holi celebration but now only banyan tree with temple are there but no one came for such celebration. With every new invention we became advance, but we lost our old culture.
Garia Kolkata holi masti
Colour shop in kharida market


Masti of Holi from Kharagpur
Masti of Holi from Kharagpur

 Basantotsav from shantiniketan played with natural colour made from flowers
 Delicious food specially made for holi
Masti of Holi from Kharagpur
Kheer my favourite
Malpua
 Evening snacks  made in holi
 Snacks and sweets
Yammuy Dahi bara

No comments:

Post a Comment